Oh how I hated James 1:2 for telling me to rejoice when I fall into trials. I actually asked him a question if he really understand what I am going through besides, times have changed and now it’s even worse than when Jesus walked on planet earth. Looking back now with a smile I can say this was the beginning of my precious journey with the Lord.
Jesus himself in John 16:33 commands us to be of good cheer for trials and tribulations are part of this life while on planet earth. Paul in Romans 5:3 also says we should glory in our sufferings as suffering produces perseverance, and perseverance produces character, character hope, who can really argue with Paul unless you have suffered more than him. Weather you are a Christian or not tribulations are inevitable. But for Christians Jesus has already overcome by his death, resurrection and ascension to heaven. Even through the trials we know that victory is ours so really whatever it is we going through we we go through it with victory in our minds and our whole being.
Where are these trials and tribulations coming from:
- ourselves– living in the flesh instead of allowing the spirit to rule our lives. I can confess that they were plenty of warning signs from the Holy Spirit which I ignored. Sin also opens the doors to the enemy. Actually I had a few friends asking me if I was living in sin which was far from the truth I was actually hungry for the Lord at the time. This was Satan bringing condemnation which I quickly rejected. So be honest with yourself repent where you need to.
- satan– his greatest weapon is deception. When you have a calling in your life and walking towards it Satan marks you and will do everything to stop you walking towards your destiny. Check out Job.
- God– let me make it clear that God does not punish us with diseases to make us love him. He chastens those that he love. Prunes us just as a loving father will do to his children. John 10:10 enemy come to steal, kill and destroy but I have come to give you life in abundance. Every good gift comes from the Lord.
Well I could say all three were the reason my whole world seemed to shatter 4 years ago. I was so convinced that the reason I was underso much attack at home, work, close friends you name it it was because of none other than the devil. So as a good Pentecostal Christian taught by the best I embarked on spiritual warfare. I listened to every warfare prayer there is, learnt about different kinds of prayer, fasted 21days-3days-dry and wet you name it, read the bible day and night, went to conferences different churches to find some relief. Only to realise the answer I have been looking for has always been with me all along. Looking back the best times I felt his presence was in my own secret place crying (having pity party), talking to him and feeling the peace inside and didn’t understand why, yet outside I felt like I was on fire, all I ever cherished lay in ruins, who wouldn’t.
There were times God rebuked me and suddenly tears dried up like River Jordan like when Israelites were crossing over to the promised land. Nothing made sense, I could clearly see the road of depression but that inner peace that surpassed my understanding kept me not to mention my mental health training which came handy as well. Worship music was my life line as well as dance. All of a sudden I wasn’t just singing songs. I actually got to know the lyrics from the heart level and singing along was like talking to Father God himself. I actually thought my actions of faith will truely move God and I believed it, but now I truly cherish that time of growth pruning etc. Prophetic words also kept me going some left me wanting more and annoyed with the giver for example “My grace is sufficient in your weakness I am strong” Hello is that all as if I didn’t know the verses. Another one was when I was told that all what I was going through was the Lords doing. It was like I had a tyre puncher on a motorway. How do you react if God is setting you aside for his work, it suddenly dawned on me that I was just playing the Christian game, “miss self righteous” your games have found you. It took me a few weeks renewing my mind trying to picture it, for at that time I had the devil by his throat, on the other hand had his folk and was not about to let go. Eventually I did let go after Holy Spirit was prompting me to pray and bless my enemies which was another long emotional journey not sure if I have arrived yet. It’s easy to say I trust God and vengeance belongs to him, but to live it isn’t as easy as reading or reciting it as a memory verse. Now I knew Baba God was on my case I had to comply and ask him to teach me to pray, who He is and my identity, read his living word, all of a sudden I became a daughter who wanted to learn from a Father. And sure enough he has not disappointed me. I am daily sitting on his feet drinking from his cup enjoying being his beloved daughter. There is still victories to be won, unless I spend more time listening to the blueprint strategies from Baba God I will be a wounded soilder again and ain’t going that memory lane again.
During this time I repented for the sins I knew of, my family, my clan, the whole of Africa upto Adam. Went for deliverance. Wheather it’s right or wrong Father God hadn’t taught me yet but all the gates had to be closed, was on a mission. If you were to see me in the spirit I was red with the blood if Jesus which I applied everyday. Praise God!!! am still amazed at its power.
God is surely patient, long suffering, works with us where we are at. Even when we think we know it all, he is a gentle Father and doesn’t use discipline for us to get it quickly. He is surely long suffering. I am still waiting to see the full manifestation of my breakthrough but I know that I know in the spirit it’s a done deal. God provided a solution before the foundation of the world. So our trials and tribulations do not move God a bit or get Him scratching his head thinking about the solution, No No No solution is there in your spirit. Trials definitely move us from our comfortable lives oh so we think. Even in our ignorance he looks at our hearts and if they are pure He is moved with compassion and corrects us lovingly.
- no matter what I am going through God is always there with me. He promised never to leave nor forsake me
- Through it all I became humble, tolerant, loving even my enemies. How can I not be when you are put in fire like gold all impurities are removed and are still being as Paul said he died everyday.
- My relationship with God has solidified to another level and still growing.
- prayer life enhanced, however still being taught by Baba God.
- Effortless boldness evident and boldness to stand in the gap and share my testimony to the whole world..
- I now know my true identity in Christ and believe his promises are Yes and Amen for me.
- Power of forgiveness, it sets you free, and his love just flows like a river to whosoever croses your path.
- People will be people, you cannot choose how they speak to you, but you can choose how you respond whether it’s the devil using them or not.
Remember 1 Corinthians 10:4 the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty through pulling down of strongholds. Ephesians 6:10 says be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might, put on the whole armour of God so that you will be able to stand against the wiles of the enemy and having done all stand. Am still standing holding on to my faith as grace has already been provided. So stand sister or brother his grace and truth is available for you. Resist the devil and he will flee (James 4:7) submit to God. If you are a child of God you are more than a conqueror, dare to believe it. All authority had been given to you. No weapon fashioned against you shall prosper, and every tongue that raises against you in judgement you shall condemn. This is your Godly inheritance as a servant of God (Isaiah 54:17). All in all I know that whatever I face it’s really not a problem the only problem I have is Faith in God problem. When I think about his Devine plan. How he created the natural from the spiritual unseen before time began, honestly is there anything too hard for my God…?
from the apple of His eye.